Last Updated: August 07, 2023
- At Strigo, we know that compliance is a top priority for your business and understand the importance of fitting into your ecosystem of services and vendors.
- We employ data protection and privacy by design, combining enterprise-grade security features with comprehensive audits of our policies, applications, systems, and networks. Strigo follows strict international standards and regulations in order to keep your information safe.
- Our privacy & security team includes a Data Protection Officer (DPO), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and a Compliance Officer, who continuously ensure that Strigo’s practices and products comply with various standards and regulations.
Compliance | SOC-2
- We are SOC-2 Type II accredited and matinain our compliance on an annual basis.
- The SOC-2 report can be sent upon request and after singing a relevant NDA.
Compliance | GDPR
- We are GDPR-compliant and maintain the compliance ourselves while your business may simultaneously adapt its compliance preferences as a controller.
Datacenter and network security
- Strigo hosts its software in Amazon Web Services (AWS) facilities in Ireland. Amazon provides an extensive list of compliance and regulatory assurances, including SOC 13 and ISO 27001. See Amazon’s compliance and security documents for more detailed information.
- The servers providing Strigo’s service are located in Ireland as well.
- All of Strigo’s servers are located within Strigo’s own virtual private cloud (VPC), protected by restricted security groups allowing only the minimal required communication to and between the servers.
- Additional servers that relay data from end-user browsers to remote virtual machines are located in the US, Europe, Singapore, Tokyo, and Australia. Only the data of users’ interactions with their virtual lab machines goes through these servers.
- Strigo conducts network vulnerability scans at least annually.
- In addition to Strigo’s extensive testing program, Strigo conducts application penetration testing by a third party at least annually.
- Single sign-on (SSO) allows you to authenticate users without requiring them to enter login credentials for your Strigo instance. Strigo supports SSO using SAML and G-Suite.
- User passwords are salted, irreversibly hashed, and stored in Strigo’s database. Audit logging lets administrators see when users last logged in.
- All data transfer to/from Strigo is encrypted using SSL, and any attempt to connect over HTTP is redirected to HTTPS.
- All customer data (including call recordings and transcripts) is encrypted at rest and in transit.
- System passwords are encrypted, and access to specific production systems is restricted.
- We use industry-standard MongoDB data storage systems hosted on AWS and/or by the respective vendors.
- We take regular snapshots of the database so that we can restore it as needed.
- Personal customer data is stored in the Strigo databases that are located in Ireland.
- Data access and authorizations are provided on a need-to-know basis and based on the principle of least privilege. Access to the AWS production system is restricted to authorized personnel.
Security policies and secure development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strigo maintains security policies that are maintained, communicated, and approved by management to ensure everyone clearly knows their security responsibilities.
- Code development is done through a documented SDLC process. Design of all new product functionality is reviewed by relevant security personnel. Strigo conducts mandatory code reviews for code changes and periodic in-depth security review of architecture and sensitive code. Strigo development and testing environments are separate from its production environment.
- Employee hiring process includes background screening.
- At least annually, engineers participate in secure code training covering OWASP Top 10 security flaws, common attack vectors, and Strigo security controls.
- Vulnerability Disclosure Process – Strigo considers privacy and security to be core functions of our platform. Earning and keeping the trust of our customers is our top priority, so we hold ourselves to the highest privacy and security standards. If you have discovered a security or privacy issue that you believe we should know about, we would love to hear from you. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
- All access to Strigo applications is logged and audited.
- Logs are kept for at least one year.
- Strigo maintains a formal incident response plan for major events.
Strigo maintains a publicly available system-status webpage which includes system availability details, scheduled maintenance, service incident history, and relevant security events.